Trade marks identify the goods and services of a business in the market place, and support the reputation and brand identity of the business. Trade marks may be protected by both unregistered and registered rights, with registered rights giving a greater deal of certainty (and in some countries only registered rights are available). As a trade mark is frequently a company’s most valuable business asset, the added certainty of registration is important. Registered trade marks can be applied for in the UK and worldwide.
Our attorneys are can represent you in the UK and in Europe before the European Union Intellectual Property Office (EUIPO) and are experienced in both filing and advising on policing your mark locally and overseas.
In most counties a trade mark registration is renewable every 10 years, for as long as the registration is needed.
Our trade mark related services include:
- Pre-filing searches
- Filing applications to register trade marks, prosecuting applications through to registration
- Filing and handling oppositions
- Renewals of trade mark registrations
- Assignments and licensing
- Managing global trade mark portfolios including advising on expanding, consolidating and filing strategies
- Advising on alternatives for brand protection including unregistered rights
- Watching services
- Advising on infringement and validity
- Due diligence
- Litigation support and enforcement advice